Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When to plant...?

Hi Roger,

I really enjoyed your vegetable gardening 101 class, and learning all about lasagna gardening (I am starting my first garden this spring at a community space!).  However, I missed your class on tomato blight because it was full, and lost the scrap of paper with direction to the information covered.   Is there anyway you could send me that?

Also, any advice on what to plant if I am forced to plant later in May due to travel plans?

Thanks again,

Mike

Answer:
Hi Mike

I am glad you enjoyed my presentations.  I hope the information is helpful. 

You can find all the handouts at infiltratinglandscapes.blogspot.com  Help yourself.  All the handouts are there and working, as far as I can tell.

I don't know where you are, but I don't plant tomatoes and other summer crops until late May or even early June.  I think early to mid May is too cool for tomatoes.

Check the seed packet, days to harvest and your earliest frost date and do some math.

Good luck with your garden.  If your fellow community gardeners think you are crazy--just remember the pictures I showed.  By mid-summer--they will be asking you for advice.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment